Aphids are one of the most common pests in flower beds. It destroys the leaves and fruits of many crops.
Aphids appear in the vegetable garden and in the garden at the end of spring – at the beginning of summer. I have collected several methods of combating this parasite Gazeta.ua.
Of course, there are many insecticides that help get rid of aphids. But, if there is an opportunity, it is better to use natural means that will not harm the crop, the health of people and the environment.
It is important to remember that a teaspoon of liquid soap or soap shavings should be added to any solution for better adhesion to plants.
Most often, aphids are destroyed with various decoctions and solutions made of natural ingredients. At the same time, you need to pay attention to the concentration, because if it is exceeded, such mixtures can be dangerous.
Different types of plants are treated from aphids at different times. For example, trees and fruit crops can be processed during budding, immediately after flowering, but no later than 14-40 days before harvesting. But berries are recommended to be processed even before flowering and after harvesting. Vegetable crops can be sprayed with infusions for the last time no later than a month before harvesting.
READ ALSO: How to properly care for seedlings: useful tips
Several solutions that will help to deal with aphids
• In 10 liters of hot water, you need to dissolve 100 g of household soap or 300 g of tar or 250 ml of green soap.
• Dissolve 15 cloves of garlic and 100 g of garlic in 10 liters of hot water. This solution needs to be infused for several days before use.
• You can take 400 g of tobacco leaves or ready-made mahorka and infuse for two days in 10 liters of water. The solution should be kept in a dark place. Then the tincture is filtered and diluted with water in a ratio of 1:2.
• Ammonium alcohol is also used. It can be not only a drug against pests, but also a fertilizer. This is a source of nitrogen, because ammonia is an ammonia compound. 50 ml of ammonia is required for 10 liters of water. The solution is mixed and cultures are processed.
• Ground red pepper will also help get rid of aphids. It is necessary to prepare a concentrated tincture. Pour 50 g of ground red pepper into 1 liter of water and leave for about two hours. Dilute the resulting solution in 10 liters of water.
• Onions will also help. It is necessary to grind several of its small heads and insist in 1 liter of water for five hours. Then filter and bring the volume of the infusion to 1 l.
• You can take 100 g of dry chamomile and infuse for 12 hours in 1 liter of water. Plants should be sprayed with tincture in a concentration of 1:3.
• Dandelion will help get rid of aphids. It is necessary to infuse 400 g of leaves and 200 g of dandelion roots in 10 liters of water for 3-4 hours.
• You can also infuse 1 kg of pine needles, stirring once a day, for 7 days in 4 liters of water. Spray in a 1:1 dilution.
• If 100 g of dry peels of any citrus fruit are poured into 1 liter of warm water and left to infuse for three days, such a solution will also destroy aphids.
• You can take 1 kg of dry yarrow grass and brew it in 2 liters of water in a water bath for 30-40 minutes. Then dilute the decoction in 10 liters of water and keep in a dark place for at least two days.
Everyone who grows vegetables encounters weeds on the site. If you don’t get rid of them, it’s time to wait for a good harvest.
After all, weeds deplete the soil, take nutrients from it and simply “suppress” the plants. They can be destroyed with the help of various chemical means. But there are also a number of folk ways, to get rid of weeds.