British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will spend two days in Washington on a visit.
British Defense Minister Ben Wallace is running for the position of Secretary General NATO. British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will lobby for this appointment during a trip to the US and a meeting with Joe Biden.
This is stated on the website The Telegraph.
According to the publication, the Prime Minister will spend two days in Washington and will meet with the US President at the White House.
“They will discuss cooperation in the economy, trade, science and technology, and the signing of an agreement on billions of investments in business in Great Britain is expected. Tas they will discuss methods of regulating artificial intelligence,” the authors of the article write.
It is noted that during the G7 summit in Hiroshima Sunak lobbied for Wallace’s interests regarding the position of Secretary General of the Alliance.
Who can lead NATO after Stoltenberg
The term of office of the current NATO Secretary General ends in September 2023 Hans Stoltenberg. In April 2023 Politico named possible candidates. Including:
- President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen,
- Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte,
- Prime Minister of Estonia Kaia Kallas,
- Prime Minister of Spain Pedro Sanchez,
- British Defense Minister Ben Wallace,
- Deputy Prime Minister of Canada Khrystia Freeland,
- President of Romania Klaus Iohannis,
- President of Slovakia Zuzana Chaputova.