The Houses of the Metropolis
November 25th is the day against violence against women. The Métropole de Lyon is mobilized on a daily basis to receive victims in the homes of the Métropole de Lyon and to support the specialized associations.
Violence is not just beatings. They can take on a multitude of appearances in the public space, at work and at home. Mockery, insults, threats, humiliations, harassment, and more serious still.
In 2021, 122 women were killed by their (ex-)spouse. So let’s talk and act ! On November 25, 2022, during the International day for the elimination of violence against women, and all year round. The 57 houses in the Metropolis of Lyon are open to women victims who will find a benevolent listening and support to find shelter in the event of an emergency.
Women victims: what is the violence?
- psychological : for example harassment, or words or gestures that destabilize the other, hurt him, control him or belittle him. Abusing a position of authority or trust is also emotional abuse;
- economic such as monitoring a person’s bank account, forcing decisions on how to spend their money or even stealing money from them, hiding bills or withholding information about family expenses;
- administrative and institutional : using a person’s papers without their knowledge or hiding them, confiscating their administrative documents to block their requests for rights, etc.;
- professional : put pressure on the person so that she no longer goes to work, that she is late, that she refuses a promotion, that she changes jobs when she does not want to…;
- medical : subjecting a woman to painful or non-consensual acts. For example, an episiotomy without having requested it during childbirth, or the non-use of anesthesia for painful procedures;
- physical : hitting, shoving, or anything that creates pain or injury;
- sexual : We think of rapes, but sexual violence begins long before that. Any unwanted contact, whether coerced, threatened or taken by surprise, is also sexual violence.
Women in danger, how to react?
Two telephone numbers are at your disposal:
– The 3919, open Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. This number is free from a landline. It is invisible on the invoices.
– The ” 08 victims » ( 08 842 846 37) is a number open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. It is dedicated to all victims of violence, whatever they may be. Are you a victim or witness of an assault, harassment, or any type of violence? Call.
And above all, in the event of immediate danger, contact 17 (or 3919 for minors).
The violence meter: a tool for measuring violence in a couple
The violentometer is a very simple tool that allows you to assess the toxicity of your romantic relationship. Presented in the form of a graduated ruler, it recalls what does or does not involve violence in the couple. Objective: to help women who are victims of violence to get out of the infernal spiral.