On Wednesday evening, February 23, 2022, deputies of the Verkhovna Rada supported the imposition of a state of emergency in Ukraine. 335 people’s deputies voted in favor.
Emergency in Ukraine: where and for how long will it last?
Emergencies were introduced for 30 days in the following areas:
- Chernihiv region
- and the city of Kiev.
The state of emergency does not apply to Donetsk and Luhansk regions, as there is already an emergency legal regime due to hostilities.
The state of emergency will take effect from 00:00 on February 24, 2022.
How will the life of Ukrainians change after the introduction of the state of emergency
So, from midnight on February 24 in the country comes into force:
- special mode of entry and exit (if necessary);
- restriction of movement of vehicles and their inspection (if necessary);
- enhanced protection of public order and facilities that ensure the livelihood of the population and the national economy;
- ban on holding mass events, except for those banned by the court (if necessary);
- temporary or irreversible evacuation of people from places dangerous to living, with the mandatory provision of stationary or temporary housing;
- verification of documents of citizens, and if necessary, personal search, search of things, vehicles, luggage and cargo;
- a ban on conscripts, conscripts and reservists to change their place of residence without the knowledge of the relevant territorial center;
- a ban on the production and dissemination of information materials that could destabilize the situation;
- special rules for the use of communication and transmission of information via computer networks (if necessary).
It is worth noting that the introduction of emergency in Ukraine will not radically affect the lives of citizens. As the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Alexei Danilov explained, there is a certain list of things that are present in the law on the imposition of a state of emergency. They will allow special services to work faster and better.
As for the postscript “if necessary”, the decision – to impose or not to impose certain restrictions – will be made by the headquarters established by YEAH in each area.
Earlier, “Odessa Life” reported on the state of emergency in Odessa.
Read us in Viber! On the channel “Kommunalka” we talk about utility bills, tariffs, benefits and subsidies.