The State Border Service of Ukraine gave answers to frequently asked questions about the departure of men abroad during the war. Read more about it in the material of TSN.ua.
Many citizens of Ukraine still have a lot of questions regarding the departure of men abroad during the war. Therefore, in State border service decided to explain everything.
About the departure of men abroad, if they were removed (excluded) from military registration
In this case, it works p. 2-6 of the Ruleswhich describes certain categories of persons who are allowed to leave Ukraine during the war (Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization”):
- If the person had a registered disability in the established order – departure men abroad allowed (Paragraph 3, Part 1, Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization”).
- If the person was removed from the military registration based on the decision of the VLK on unfitness for military service with exclusion from the military registration – departure is allowed (Paragraph 16, Part 1, Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization”).
- A person who limited use in wartime – does not have the right to cross the border.
To men worth paying attention tothat the documents received at the territorial recruitment and social support centers (TCC and SP) marked “removed from military registration” do not confirm disability or unfitness for military service!
Are men allowed to travel abroad if they have been discharged from military service and have served their sentence/released from prison
Clauses 2-6 of the Rules and the first part of Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization” do not provide for such a category of citizens. so the departure of men abroad in this case is prohibited.
Is it possible for men to go abroad if they are temporarily unfit for military service
If the husband has documents confirming his temporary unfitness for military service, departure is allowed.
In para. Part 3.1 of Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization” states that the following persons are not subject to conscription for military service during the mobilization of conscripts:
- recognized as persons with disabilities in accordance with the established procedure;
- the military medical commission found the man temporarily unfit for military service due to his health (up to six months).
It is worth paying attentionthat after the end of 6 months it will be necessary to pass the military medical board again.
When men go abroad, if they have three or more children (including from different marriages)
In para. Article 4 of Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization” defines such a category as men/women who support three or more children under the age of 18. That is, in this case the determining factor is not parentage itself, but maintenance.
- To cross the border, a man must provide documents confirming that he supports three or more children under the age of 18, namely (one document from the list is provided):
- birth certificates of all children;
- marriage registration certificate with the mother of the children and birth certificates of the children;
- court decision on divorce and determination of the place of residence of children with their father;
- the court decision on divorce and the decision of the guardianship authority to determine the place of residence of the children with their father;
- certificate of the father of a large family.
It is worth paying attentionin the event that the father does not live with his wife and children in the same family, he must also provide a document confirming that he maintains the children (a court decision on the appointment of alimony for the maintenance of the child (children) and a certificate from the executive service on the absence arrears for the payment of alimony, the amount of payment of such alimony, etc.).
Can a man who is the father of three or more children cross the border without children
Departure of men abroad in this case permittedif the person provides documents certifying the birth of three or more children (can be notarized copies).
Is it possible for a man to go abroad if he is raising one or more children on his own?
According to para. 5 of Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization” there is such a category as men/women who independently raise a child/children under the age of 18.
That is, all citizens of Ukraine who independently raising a child/children under the age of 18 have the right to cross the border and leave for another country. However, you must provide one of the following documents:
- birth certificate of the child/children;
- death certificate of the child’s mother (court decision to deprive the mother of parental rights, court decision to remove the child from the mother without depriving her of parental rights, court decision to declare the mother missing, court decision to declare the mother dead).
It is worth paying attentionif a man remarries, he will no longer be considered a person who independently raises a child under the age of 18.
Regarding the departure of men abroad who are persons with disabilities of groups I, II, III
The third paragraph of Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On Mobilization Training and Mobilization” defines a separate category of persons with disabilities. According to him, persons with disabilities of any group can cross the border in the presence of one of the following documents:
- reference to the act of examination by the medical and social expert commission (primary accounting documentation form No. 157-1/о);
- a certificate confirming the relevant status;
- a pension certificate or a certificate confirming the appointment of social assistance.
At the same time, the number of crossings of the state border to leave Ukraine for men with disabilities is not limited.