On the night of October 1 at 03:14, the rescue service received a report about a fire in the city of Ivano-Frankivsk on Trolleybusna street.
A fire broke out in the garbage chute between the eighth and ninth floors of the nine-story building of dormitory No. 1 of the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, writes Jackdaw in reference to the state emergency service in the area.
Rescuers, together with the dormitory administration, evacuated about 350 students and brought them to fresh air, there were no casualties. At 03:38 the fire was located and at 03:50 it was eliminated.
Due to the thick smoke, rescuers worked with eye and breathing apparatus. The cause of the fire and damage is being established.
More than 30 rescuers and 9 pieces of equipment were involved in liquidating the occupation.