UNIAN will tell you how to wash slippers from dirt and an unpleasant smell.
Slippers get dirty quickly and lose their neat appearance if they are not washed for a long time. The shoes look crumpled and worn, and the soles are covered with a black coating. The slippers are washed by hand or in a machine, and then hung vertically to dry. UNIAN named several ways to wash slippers from dirt, grease and sweat odors.
How to wash home slippers by soaking
House slippers are usually washed by hand. To wash away old dirt and unpleasant odors, a special mixture of three ingredients is prepared. This method is suitable for slippers made of any material, including rubber ones.
Fill a basin with warm water and add 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid, and 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide. Mix until smooth. Soak the slippers in this mixture for 15 minutes. Then wipe the surface of the shoes with a brush or the hard side of a sponge.
How to wash leather, wool or fabric slippers
Such slippers are washed in warm water with dissolved baby or household soap. For 10 liters of water, take 50 g of soap and grate the shavings. Leave the water in the soapy water for 20 minutes and wash with a pumice stone or brush. Wipe leather shoes with a cloth. After washing, wipe the slippers with a towel and hang them to dry.
How to wash slippers in a washing machine
High-quality fabric slippers without decorative elements can be machine washed. Carefully examine all the seams on the shoes – they must be intact, otherwise they will come apart after washing. The algorithm of actions when washing slippers is as follows.
- Place the slippers in a cloth bag or pillowcase in an empty drum.
- Pour washing gel into the compartment for detergents. The powder should not be used.
- Set the “Hand wash”, “Delicate” or “Shoes” mode.
- Set the temperature to 30 degrees.
- Turn off the spin.
- Start the wash.
Dry slippers after washing at room temperature. You can put paper inside them to absorb excess moisture.
How to remove unpleasant odor from slippers
If an unpleasant smell remains on the shoes after washing, it can be removed in several ways.
- Treat dry slippers with shoe deodorizer.
- Pour soda inside the slippers and leave for 20 minutes, then vacuum it.
- Stuff wet slippers with crumpled newspapers or toilet paper. They will absorb odors.
- Wipe from the inside with cotton soaked in antiseptic or chlorhexidine.
You may also be interested in news: