On February 20, at 12:20 pm, the Rescue Service received a message from the admission department of the Khust District Hospital that four residents of the village of Khust had been diagnosed with a previous diagnosis of “carbon monoxide poisoning”. Lower Settlement.
As it turned out, a 56-year-old woman, her 31-year-old daughter and two grandchildren aged 4 and 10 applied to the medical institution on their own. They heated the house with a stove, but there was a crack in it, through which carbon monoxide filled the room. After the doctor’s examination, the victims were released home, there is no threat to their lives.
Read also: The bodies of two women were found in Transcarpathia
In connection with the increasing number of carbon monoxide poisoning rescuers of Transcarpathia urge citizens to remember the danger. During operation of furnace heating it is inadmissible to leave furnaces without care or to charge supervision over them to small children; use cracked stoves and fireboxes; place fuel and other combustible substances and materials directly in front of the furnace opening.
It is forbidden to store unextinguished coals and ashes in metal utensils installed on a wooden floor or combustible stand; to dry and store clothes, firewood, other combustible objects and materials on stoves; use flammable and combustible liquids for ignition; to lay chimneys on combustible bases, and other things that violate fire safety rules.
GU SES of Ukraine in the Transcarpathian region