Due to daily power outages for a long time, Ukrainians have to constantly think about where to find light and communication, as well as how to continue working. Power banks are bought for charging. How to connect a router to them to use Wi-Fi — read in the TSN.ua article.
How to connect a router to a power bank: first preparation
First of all, you need to call the hotline of your ISP and find out if the cables are connected to any uninterrupted network. For example, to lines that do not turn off when the light disappears, or the battery.
You also need to ask how many volts are needed for the provider’s router to work. Sometimes it is written on the device itself. But most routers work from 9 or 12 Volts.
What is needed for the router to work when the lights are turned off
You will need:
- a special cable (it must have triggers to measure the voltage of the charger up to 12 W) — it is needed for the router to work through the power bank;
- bank teller
The special cable must be USB and have a thickness of up to 5.5 mm.
Instructions: how to connect a router to a power bank
Everything is quite simple here. If you have collected everything you need, then you need:
- Insert the cable with the trigger into the router, connect the other end to the power bank.
- After a few minutes, check the Wi-Fi – everything should work.
Another way to connect the router to the power bank
There is another way that can help you. For it you will need:
- two USB DC cables;
- optical terminal;
- two banks.
How to connect the router to the power bank in this way:
- One power bank is connected to an optical terminal. The second is to the Wi-Fi router.
- USB DC cables (size 5.5 x 2.1 mm) are used for this.
- So Wi-Fi will work for approximately 5 hours.
Runtime also depends on how powerful the power banks you use are.