1. Turn on the TV or radio: the information is transmitted through official channels within 5 minutes after the signal.
2. Concentrate, listen carefully to the message, follow the instructions.
3. Leave the communications on – new information and instructions may be received through them.
In case of evacuation – turn off the electricity, gas, water, put out the fire in the stove (fireplace), take the “alarm suitcase”, check the documents and money, close the front door and go to the storage or evacuation collection point.
It is important to find out the location of the nearest shelter in advance.
What to put in an anxious suitcase?
- Money and documents, in particular, passport and copies of all necessary documents (birth certificate, military ID, education document, employment record book, pension certificate, property documents);
- Technique: phone chargers, radio, flashlight, alarm devices, compass, clock, compact set of tools, knife, garbage bags, notebook, pencil, thread, needles, matches, lighters.
- Clothing and hygiene products: warm clothes, thermal blankets, if any, underwear, comfortable shoes, personal hygiene products.
- Utensils and food: take containers in which you can cook, heat and store food, calculate water and food for 3 days, take products that are stored for a long time.
- Medicines: first aid kit, including medicines you take every day, as well as prescriptions for medicines.
How to complete a first aid kit in case of an emergency? (recommended contents of the first aid kit for 4 people):
• Non-sterile gloves – 4 pairs;
• Atraumatic scissors for cutting clothes or shoes;
• Sterile and non-sterile gauze bandage of different sizes – 5 units;
• Elastic bandage of different sizes – 2 units;
• Hydrogel anti-burn bandage / bandage (not less than 10×10 cm) – 2 units;
• Thermo blanket on a polyethylene basis;
• Thermometer (not mercury and in a protective case);
• Individual sterile dressing package with elastic compression component of first aid with a protective moisture-resistant shell (type “Israeli bandage”) – 2 units;
• Film (valve) for artificial lung ventilation – 2 units;
• Hypothermic package;
• Bandage (shield) on the eye;
• Bactericidal plaster of various sizes – 25 units;
• Adhesive plaster on a non-woven basis (3-5 m long, 3-5 cm wide);
• Sterile gauze napkins – 10 units;
• Medical bandage scarf for immobilization of limbs – 2 units;
• Hormonal ointment;
• Antiseptic (1 water-based, 1 alcoholic);
• Analgesic /
• Tablets for water disinfection (1 pack);
• Reinforced tape;
• The marker for drawing information is waterproof.
In any emergency – do not panic and stay calm. The key to your peace of mind will be preparedness for unforeseen events.