The Verkhovna Rada approved an appeal in connection with Russia’s recognition of the “independence” of the ORDLO. The text of the document has been agreed by all parliamentary factions and groups.
336 deputies voted in favor. “Servant of the People” – 224, OPZZH – 3, “European Solidarity” – 25, “Batkivshchyna” – 21, “For the Future” – 16, “Voice” – 17, the rest – non-partisan, reports Lb.ua.
One of the authors of the appeal, Parliament Speaker Ruslan Stefanchuk, said during the presentation that Russia had committed another act of aggression and grossly violated its sovereignty and territorial integrity within Ukraine’s internationally recognized borders, as well as a number of international acts.
The chairman of the profile committee of the parliament Oleksandr Merezhko explained in a comment to journalists that in a statement the Rada condemned the recognition of ORDLO, asked to impose sectoral and personal sanctions against Russia and stop Nord Stream.
“Having made this decision, The Russian Federation unilaterally de facto withdrew from the Minsk agreementsof which it is a signatory, and also destroyed the relevant negotiation process at the level of member countries of the Normandy format and the Tripartite Contact Group for the peaceful settlement of the situation in some areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Within the framework of the peace settlement process and the legislation of Ukraine, the concepts of the temporarily occupied territories as “separate districts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts” and the boundaries of these temporarily occupied Ukrainian territories by the Russian Federation are defined. There are no other formations on the territory of these regions of Ukraine. Ukraine remains committed to the political and diplomatic path of resolving the international armed conflict.
In the development of its previous Statements on the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine ”:
- emphasizes that Crimea and ORDLO are Ukraine
- Declares the absence of legal consequences of the decision adopted by the Russian Federation and calls for all measures to be taken to repeal illegal decisions aimed at undermining sovereignty
- calls on foreign partners not to recognize the independence of self-proclaimed entities in the ORDLO
- states that Russia is an aggressor – a party to the conflict, and all this time its troops have been and continue to be in the temporarily occupied territory
- Condemns and blames Russia for the sharp deterioration of the security situation, mass disinformation and propaganda used by it for the far-fetched pretext of recognizing the ORDLO
- supports the request to the Member States of the Budapest Memorandum to hold immediate consultations
- calls impose additional tough sectoral, financial and personal sanctions against Russia and its leadership, including a freeze on Nord Stream-2, Russia’s disconnection from SWIFT, and a ban on high-tech exports to Russia
We will remind, both chambers of the Russian parliament today ratified decrees of the president of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin concerning recognition of illegal occupation formations in ORDLO.
Read also: Zelensky will consider the severance of diplomatic relations with Russia
If you notice an error, select the required text and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editors.