While you are traversing aimlessly through the grim and treacherous world of Elden Ring, with the vast map, there are plenty of enemies to face and loot boxes to pick up. If you are done exploring the different areas of the map and would like to try going to the Snow area, then you are in luck, as this will guide you to that location: otherwise known as the Consecrated Snowfield.
How to Get to the Consecrated Snowfield in Elden Ring?
Before you are to enter this frosty domain, be sure to collect the Rold Medallion before making your way to the Great Lift of Rold. The Rold Medallion will be dropped by defeating The Omen King, Morgott, a demi-god boss that lies in Leyndell of the Royal Capital. This route would be the best way to enter the snowy area of the game.
How to Defeat Morgott
- Get Respec ability: Use the respec ability if your build is not strong enough; this unique ability will be obtained by visiting the Academy of Raya Lucaria, where you will defeat Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon. You will come across her during your adventure as she is the second central boss in Elden Ring.
- Grind for some Scared Tears and Golden Seeds to upgrade your Sacred Flasks; having plenty of health potions wouldn’t hurt to keep you alive as you fight.
- Boost your holy damage negation: Boosting your holy damage negation would help you survive Morgotts’ holy damage. Equip a Haligdrake Talisman.
- Bring the Lone Wolves Spirit ash: Using the item Lone Wolves Spirit Ash can make him vulnerable for a brief moment, allowing you to punish him quickly.
- Use Margit’s Shackle: Before fighting Margit, you can purchase her Shackle from the boss in Murkwater Cave. Using this item to stagger Morgott as it did with Margit.
- Bleed or rot damage: These two types of damage are kinds you want to deal with as much as possible to get through tough bosses, including Morgott. The weapons Reduvia and Moonviel can inflict bleed effects rather quickly, allowing you to take a lot of Morgott’s health bar. While Rotten Breath incantation or scarlet rot can chip away his health bar. Even if he is a mighty foe, Morgott does not have that much health, making rot or bleed damage very effective against him.
- Take advantage of windows to punish: After a chain of attacks, Morgott does have a recovery state which leaves him open for you to deal as much damage as possible. It is an excellent opportunity for players to get free hits if they struggle to stagger Morgott.
An alternate route to get there would be to unlock a secret area to fight Malenia, Blade of Miquella. To do that, you need to collect two Haligtree Secret Medallion parts.
How to Get the Haligtree Secret Medalliothe color purple can identify as the Village of the Albinaurics. Look for the Site of Grace, and go ahead from the site. Go up the hill on the right side. You’ll come across a large container to your right.
- Attack the container twice, and an NPC will spawn; you can listen to what he has to say or kill him to obtain the first half of the Haligtree Secret Medallion.
- Second half location:
- Head to Castle Sol. Look for the Stargazer’s Ruins which are straight ahead. Travel from the main gate using the northern bridge, be sure to be prepared as there are enemies along the way.
- Activate the Site of Lost Grace near a phantom-spawning knight and keep heading straight; a doorway in the back will lead you to a flight of stairs. You’ll see a building at your right, enter it, and ride the lift. At the top, take the stairs outside, and you’ll find the other half of the medallion; the color purple can identify it.
Once you are done, you can return to the Lift of Rold with the medallion ready to enter the secret area.
How to Defeat Malenia
Another demanding boss is no surprise since this game is made by From Software. Although she is an optional boss, she is from a secret area.
- Staggering, Greatshield Ashes, and Bloodhound’s Step:
- Malenias’ first phase is where you take advantage of her stagger. Colossal weapons can interrupt every attack Malenias’ phase one attacks and weapon abilities that can knock down enemies. You can use Gravity spells as well to keep her down.
- Bloodhound’s Step Ash of War is almost perfect against Malenia as her rapid move set can be phased through. The Greatshield Soldier Ashes can distract Malenia while providing a guard against her melee attacks.